Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Letting go

I can't do it. I am not superman. I do not possess the magical power that the characters in the movies get to help them overcome their problems. When is the last time you saw a movie where the hero was the one who lived every moment of his/her life trusting God and just doing their best to live in His will? I am not called to save the world, He already did that. I am a messenger of that, yet somehow He values me enough to allow me my individuality and the talents He gave me to live this life.

I recently found out a friend of mine has cancer. I've lost friends and family before, and some closer than this. I've had friends and family diagnosed with horrid diseases too, but this- this is different. This friend is someone I look up to as someone who strives with all their life to follow the call God put on their life. So here I am, knowing that I can't make the cancer disappear, wanting to offer words of encouragement. I'm trying to think of the best thing to say, when I just stop and listen. And this is what I hear: "let go"

"Leon, dang it, just let go. You don't need to have the answer, you don't need to say a thing. My child is in my care, trust me with your friend's life." I know that Jesus healed people, and I believe that if it is by The Spirit that I am led to then my friend could be healed by Jesus too, but it's not so. I want to heal my friend, I don't have the direction of The Spirit to. I just need to trust God with my friend and with His timing. I will pray earnestly for healing, but if God decides to bring my friend home, who am I to argue? Lord, please please please give my friend healing, but if it is Your will that You should bring my friend home, give me peace and may Your name still be praised.

No comments:

Post a Comment