Search This Blog

Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Rope of a Godly marriage- another Facebook upload

This note might sound like something you've heard before, or it might be completely new. A friend and I were talking and this analogy sprung to our minds together, and while it sounds like I might have heard something like this before, I have no source to pinpoint it to. I even tried to do a search online for the exact ratio (10 to 1, 5 to 1, etc.) but couldn't find it.

So my friend and I were talking about how relationships tend to have too much focus on self or on the other person: on the one hand you have a user, someone who just tries to grab all they can, doesn't care about the other and really is just in it for their own benefit... and on the other hand you have an idolizer, someone who practically worships their significant other. Either of these two scenarios leave an unbalanced relationship, and it tends to be weak and easily broken apart.

I tried to come up with the analogy of a Godly relationship being, rather than two fingers pointing at each other, two fingers side by side pointing to God. My friend improved on it and said it was not just pointing to God, but also intertwined with Him, like a three strand rope. If anyone has any luck finding the actual ratio of strength difference between one strand and three braided or just "rope-wrapped" (best I can come up with for three strands spiraling one another) strands, let me know I'll throw it in here. All I know is that I heard once that it is MORE than just three times as strong, and can hold MORE than just three times the weight.

The point is (and this is turning out to be one of my shorter notes... yay =P), a relationship with God as the focus is MUCH stronger, like a spiraling rope twine. The tension that pulls people apart in unbalanced relationships can hold them together stronger if the whole point in their lives is "not to us, but to your name be the glory". I hope that what He has in store for you is a very strong twine =D
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment