Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Stuff and Nonsense

So here I am again, and I was thinking that humor is the best resource I have. It's the silly things in life that get us through the day. Things we will never remember in a year are the building blocks for the best times of our lives. For example: today I am in the back of my family SUV, a Ford Expedition. Some functions of the radio can be controlled from the back seat when the driver doesn't lock the controls, and it automatically unlocks when the vehicle is started. One such control is volume, though it can't be turned up past what the front sets as the max. As my mom is talking, I slowly turn the volume down til it is barely a whisper. After a few phrases, she feels it is too quiet and turns it up. I slowly turn it down again. She slowly turns it up again. This goes on for a few minutes before she realizes something is amiss and turns around. After I tell her, everyone has a good laugh (even she had to laugh while she was trying to scold me for it), and on we go. This is the first day back in MN for over 2 months, and I'm only here for like 2 1/2 days before I have to go back. Am I having those deep talks like the Army commercials want you to think people have? No, I'm just here goofing around. Continuously headbutting my little brother in the chest throughout the day (builds character you know) and I snuck up behind him when he was on Facebook and typed a bunch of letters randomly on the keyboard then hit comment... later I logged on and commented on it, saying his spasms were getting worse.

I know, I know. I'm not a comedic genius. This isn't super original or Comedy Central material by any stretch of the imagination, but you know what? It's better in my mind because I can just be me, silly and spontaneous, and laugh and play with those I love. Sure, I enjoy good stand up, but this... this is more than just humor. It's like humor salted with relationships and nonsense with goofy sauce on the side. My writing style is almost as long-winded as my speaking style, but the end result is you have my thoughts on a page, hardly edited. That was my second choice for blog name. It sounds like the name of a blog that could be famous, Harldy Edited... kinda like that one site Hardly Working or whatever. It's catchy.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Only 75 minutes away... I've been singing that line from "There is a Redeemer" for a while now, the chorus where it says "Thank you oh my Father for giving us Your Son, and leaving Your Spirit til the work on Earth is done." Good stuff. and nonsense.

No comments:

Post a Comment